In September, the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance welcomed Chris Gantz to the 12-person Board of Directors.
Chris Gantz grew up in Northbrook and currently lives in Fox River Grove with his wife and two children. Chris started as a volunteer firefighter while attending the University of Illinois and was hired as a career firefighter/paramedic for the Skokie Fire Department shortly after graduating college. Chris also served as a HazMat Specialist for the State of Illinois Urban Search & Rescue Team and during his time with Skokie F.D., received multiple accommodations and awards and retired following a job-related injury. During his firefighting career, Chris helped create the successful fire safety education facility in Schaumburg, called the FireZone. Chris is currently the founder and CEO of JHB Group, Inc., which specializes in public safety solutions and training innovation including a variety of specialty vehicles and mixed reality training products. One of Chris’s passions is coaching the sport of lacrosse, where he has coached high school and youth lacrosse teams for 16 years and is currently the Varsity Coach at Palatine High School.
The IFSA Board of Directors is made up of:
- Jim Kreher, Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District
- Dennis Bryar, Bryar Group
- David S. Riddle, Plainfield Fire Protection District (ret.)
- Bill Yocius, Shields Capital Advisors
- Michelle Nabor, Illinois Fire Service Administrative Professionals
- Chris Gantz, JHB Group, Inc.
- Linda Grizely, Fidelity Investments
- David Hoppe, Elk Grove Village Fire Department
- Chris Logston, Byron Fire Department (ret.)
- Kelly McElligott, Loyola Medical Center
- Heidi Pena, Saint Anthony Medical Center
- May Vang, CSC Shared Services
Learn more about the IFSA and the Board of Directors.
Serving on the IFSA Board of Directors is a volunteer position and includes great responsibility and unique nonprofit opportunities.