Illinois Fire Service! Camp “I Am Me” is back and the Fire Apparatus Parade will once again be held for our campers! Join us in celebrating the 30th anniversary of Illinois’ camp for young burn survivors. On Wednesday, June 23rd, participate with nearly 50 different fire departments from across the state for this camper-favorite activity. Trucks, engines, and command vehicles can have their lights and sirens on while they navigate the campground!
COVID Polices & Restrictions
- All parade participants entering the campground in must stay inside vehicles at all times – before, during, & after parade.
- This year, campers must watch parade from the road, not be inside vehicles.
- Nothing should be distributed from vehicles, such as toys, snacks, treats, etc.
- At the conclusion of the parade route, each vehicles will receive a thank you bag and then must exit the campgrounds.
- There will be no lunch, appreciation presentations, or Fun Fair held this year.
- Vehicle line-up will begin at 10:30am. Parade to begin at 11:00am sharp!
Parade participation is only being made available to the Illinois Fire Service. The general public, families of campers, supporters, and others. are not permitted on the campgrounds per Camp COVID guidelines. Unfortunately, the Camp Appreciation Day celebrations and Fun Fair will NOT be taking place in 2021.
Let us know you’ll be joining us by completing the online form here!
YMCA Camp Duncan
32405 N. Hwy. 12
The 2021 Camp “I Am Me” Fire Apparatus Parade is supported by our friends: