Illinois Fire Safety Alliance Volunteer Position | Program Assistant
The Illinois Fire Safety Alliance (IFSA), located in Mount Prospect, Illinois, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fire safety, burn prevention, and supporting burn survivors. Through the dissemination of educational resources as well as host to support programs for burn survivors and their families, the IFSA works toward accomplishing its mission in an ethical, compassionate, and professional manner.
Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant will help further the IFSA mission of burn and fire prevention by fulfilling orders and distributing critical IFSA-developed resources and materials to Illinois fire departments, hospitals, schools, organizations, and individuals. Through these efforts, the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance can make Illinois a fire-safe state by reducing fire-related incidents, injuries, and deaths.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with IFSA staff to perform tasks as assigned
- Organize week resources requests
- Properly package and postage resources for the USPS
- Deliver packaged resources to Mount Prospect USPS (1/10 mile from IFSA office)
- Arrive at IFSA office at specified times ready to perform the assigned tasks
Requirements of Position
- At least 18 years old
- Complete IFSA Volunteer Application Form
- Present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Willingness to work withing guidelines set forth by IFSA staff
IFSA request that volunteer in the position commit to one, (approx.) two-hour shift weekly, most weeks of the year. Volunteer is allowed full flexibility in scheduling shift.
We can’t do it without you! We hope you can be a part of our team.