Each year, in the United States, more than 3,500 children and adults receive injuries from sparklers. Most people do not realize that the tip of sparkler can burn up to as high as 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature is hot enough to warp, melt and sag steel. Many adults place a sparkler in the hands of a child, unaware of these dangers. This tool, which is available in both English and Spanish, will help educate the children and adults in Illinois.
“Are Sparklers Really Safe?” Cards are available at no-cost to throughout Illinois and is made possible by the supporters of Camp I Am Me.
“A Sparkler Story” Video
At temperatures of sparklers reaching nearly 1,800 degrees, it should be easy to realize that it will cause third degree burns and it only takes a touch of a sparkler to ignite a cotton tee shirt. This Video will help bring awareness of the dangers of sparklers and reduce the number of sparkler burns that occur as a result of sparklers.
This Video is available for use as a PSA and for educational purposes by trained first responders, educators and professionals, depicting the emotional, physical, and psychological effects caused by a sparkler burn. It is not intended for general public distribution.
The A Momentary Touch that will Last a Lifetime! “A Sparkler Story” DVD is available at no-cost to throughout Illinois and is made possible by the supporters of Camp I Am Me. A maximum of 5 DVDs are allowed to be requested per organization per year. Or, view the video on the Camp I Am Me YouTube Channel.