Pages of Healing Book Club
We will be reading books that help us understand ourselves better, be kind to ourselves, motivate us, and give us the courage to heal in ways we may never have considered before. There is no one way to heal and no one does it the same way. The books selected will challenge us, make us revisit the things that hold us back, and help us flourish.
The first 12 people who register to participate will receive a copy of the chosen title via USPS. Those who qualify for the books will be contacted by email.
After reading the selected title (four weeks or so), we’ll meet-up virtually on a Zoom for an hour-long discussion on our thoughts and feelings about the book and how it impacted us.
Pages of Healing Book Club is open to members of the Camp I Am Me community including burn survivors, family members, first-responders, and medical professionals.
March’s Title: Positivity: Discover the Upward Spiral That Will Change Your Life. by Barbara L. Fredrickson, PhD.
Zoom Session is Thursday, March 28, 2024 at 7:00pm
Among the most highly cited scholars in psychology, Barbara Fredrickson is most known for her “broaden-and-build theory of positive emotions,” foundational within Positive Psychology for providing a blueprint for how pleasant emotional states, as fleeting as they are, contribute to resilience, wellbeing, and health.
With Positivity, you’ll learn to see new possibilities, bounce back from setbacks, connect with others, and become the best version of yourself.
• What positivity is, and why it needs to be heartfelt to be effective
• The ten sometimes surprising forms of positivity
• Why positivity is more important than happiness
• How positivity can enhance relationships, work, and health, and how it relieves depression, broadens minds, and builds lives
• The top-notch research that backs the 3-to-1 “positivity ratio” as a key tipping point
• That your own sources of positivity are unique and how to tap into them
• How to calculate your current positivity ratio, track it, and improve it