Home fires occur more in winter than any other season. Half of all home heating fires occur in December, January, and February. Put a freeze on winter fires with the following tips.
How to use this toolkit
The toolkit contains content that you can share on Facebook, “X”, Instagram, and other social media channels to increase awareness about space heater safety. You can copy this content or customize it to reach your audience.
Click on the image you would like to share – “save as” – utilize on social media platforms, website, printed material, or anywhere else you would like.
- Install and test carbon monoxide alarms once a month.
- Plug only one heat-producing appliance (like a space heater) into an electrical outlet at a time.
- 1 in every 7 home fires and 1 in every 5 home fire deaths involves heating equipment.
- Keep portable generators outside, away from windows, and as far away from your home as possible.
- Have a qualified professional clean and inspect your chimney and vents every year.